Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: John W Baxter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature
On (2003/08/16 22:09), John W Baxter wrote:

> I've learned to trust Philip's releases at a higher level of believe than
> for releasing people generally.

I haven't. :-)

Philip has, himself, warned that he makes mistakes at release time, and
that he doesn't get as much user testing of pre-releases as he'd like.

I don't think this is false humility; that's the domain of the arrogant.
I think it's honest, and a valuable warning.

I try to test Exim pre-releases, but only on systems that I'm not paid
to keep bullet-proof.

> So I mentally promote "snapshot" to "probably usable if it contains
> a fix I need" and release candidate (which Philip doesn't do <yet>)
> would promote to "probably the real release candidate".

That's fine, as long as you're not promoting either of these to "worth
trying out on production boxes". :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.