Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature

Author: John W Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.21 and human nature
At 16:52 +0100 8/14/2003, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, [iso-8859-2] £ukasz Grochal wrote:
>
>> I guess after you've said the above you should expect things to go
>> even worse. People will probably start avoiding 4.[odd] releases or
>> at least the ones made after a longer period of development ;)
>
>Maybe I should put out a new release each week...
>
>In earlier times I did put out more frequent releases.

Well, our build process does get us nicely identical (or consistent, if
some servers need MySQL and some don't, for instance) builds, but it's a
bit of a pain to set up a new version. The major win is that we can run a
few scripts and set up a new server of a given class (SMTP, POP/IMAP,
DNS/LDAP/RADIUS/MySQL, etc etc).

So we're unlikely to try out snapshots (if I ever catch up, I can start
trying them on a "lab" machine, but that's not the same as trying under
load and not nearly as useful to Philip).

There is enough we want in 4.22 to induce us to run 4.22 through the
process when it comes, replacing some 4.10 and one semi-hand-built 4.20.

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA