Re: [Exim] quick Exim and Procmail question

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] quick Exim and Procmail question
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>> I ask, because my procmail pipes each inbound message through SpamBayes.
>> I thought that if I set SpamBayes to go into a lengthy sleep (say, 5-10
>> minutes) when it positively identifies a spam, it might cause some pain
>> and annoyance to the spammer's MTA on the other end.
>
> Use sa-exim instead - you can do a lot of teergrubing during the SMTP
> session, that way.

Only that SA-Exim is specifically designed to use SpamAssassin
(specifically spamc -> spamd,) not SpamBayes.

Quite another point is, that most (almost all) spam comes via open
relays/proxies and the only really viable way of fending it off is to
smtp 550. SA-Exim can be configured to save a copy since it's been
scanned anyway.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???