RE: [Exim] Masquerade needed for outbound mail.

Author: Kevin Reed
To: 'exim Users'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Masquerade needed for outbound mail.

Kevin Reed Wrote

> I've currently got a router like below. This appears to work good.
>
> SMART_HOST_ROUTE:
>    driver = manualroute
>    domains = ! mailhost.my.domain
>    route_list = * mailhost.remote.domain
>    transport = ${if
> match{$domain}{\N\.my\.domain$\N}{remote_smtp}{smarthost_smtp}}
>    no_more

> Not sure I actually need the choice of routers as any local
> delivery was done above by a Different router.. But the above
> still works.
>
> Under transports, I've got the following...
>
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
>
> smarthost_smtp:
>      driver = smtp
>      headers_rewrite = *@*.my.domain $1@???
>      return_path = *@*.my.domain MAILER-DAEMON@???

I think I misinterpreted this into thinking the return_path would be a
rewrite too... I think below will work
Find for now...

 smarthost_smtp:
      driver = smtp
      headers_rewrite = *@*.my.domain $1@???
      return_path = MAILER-DAEMON@???

There is only one domain involved on this server or I would have made both
the headers_rewrite and return_path a lookup either by database or flat
file. I did look at the section on VERP.. As well.