Re: [Exim] Duplicating/saving outgoing (smtp) emails??

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Melissa Meyer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Duplicating/saving outgoing (smtp) emails??
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Melissa Meyer wrote:

> I see that it works to send one email per recipient domain if both
> use_bsmtp is set and batch_max is set to a large number in the
> Transport. Is there a way for the Transport to save only one copy of
> the message even if the recipients are at multiple domains?

From spec.txt:

The "batch_max" option specifies the maximum number of addresses that can be
delivered together in a single run of the transport. Its default value is one.
When more than one address is routed to a transport that has a "batch_max"
value greater than one, the addresses are delivered in a batch (that is, in a
single run of the transport), subject to certain conditions:

 .   If any of the transport's options contain a reference to $local_part, no
     batching is possible.

 .   If any of the transport's options contain a reference to $domain, only
     addresses with the same domain are batched.

 .   If "batch_id" is set, it is expanded for each address, and only those
     addresses with the same expanded value are batched. This allows you to
     specify customized batching conditions.

 .   Batched addresses must also have the same errors address (where to send
     delivery errors), the same header additions and removals, the same user
     and group for the transport, and if a host list is present, the first
     host must be the same.

So, what is in your transport? Does it refer to $domain?