Re: [Exim] Notify message if eMail is frozen

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Notify message if eMail is frozen
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:

> The virtualusertable-file looks like:
>
> JohnDo@???    JohnDo@???

> The problem that exim 4.x has with my config is, that the long
> name of the mail-address (JohnDo@???) can not
> be sent to the user, because the fullname is the same as the
> servers local-name. (primary domainname = server20.mydom.com)

I'm not exactly sure what the problem here is, but I suspect it is
related to what you have in the definition of the local_domains domain
list. Or it may be related to where in the router list you have put your
redirect router that handles the virtual user table. You should put it
as the first router, something like this:

local_virt_users:
driver = redirect
domains = mydom.com
data = ${lookup {$user@$domain}lsearch{/virtual/user/table}}

> (echo "hello world" | mail johndo@???) can not
> be delivered.

What is the output from

exim -d -bt johndo@???

? That should show you what is going wrong.