Re: [Exim] Notify message if eMail is frozen

Author: Jens Strohschnitter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Notify message if eMail is frozen
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:43:50 +0300
"ODHIAMBO G. Washington" <wash@???> wrote:

> * Jens Strohschnitter <exim-ml@???> [20030811 17:24]: wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > is it possible and how to notify the sender, when a mail was frozen ?
> > In our network we freeze all mails that is bigger than 500k with an
> > filter:
> >
> > if $message_size above 500K then
> > freeze "Mail too big !!!"
> > endif
>
> Why bother to freeze? Why not just reject? Anyway, you can still modify the
> filter to do what you want.
> I'd rather you reject the messages so that the senders get to know.
> A router that can do that is below: Put the router after your
> system_aliases router:
>

> reject_by_size:
>  driver         = redirect
>  condition      = ${if > {$message_size}\
>                   {${lookup {$local_part} lsearch \
>                   {/usr/local/etc/exim/message_sizes}{$value}{500K}}} \
>                   {yes}{no}}
>  data           = :fail: Message too big (maximum size accepted is ${lookup {$local_part} \
>                   lsearch {/usr/local/etc/exim/message_sizes} {$value} {500K}})
>  local_parts    = passwd;$local_part
>  allow_fail

> The /usr/local/etc/exim/message_sizes can contain user preferred sizes:
>
> *: 500K
> user2: 1M

Hm,

we don't want to reject the mails, because we want to spare our
netword avarage of our 64k ISDN-WAN. So our central mailserver
should freeze all mails > 500k and release them in the evening,
when no one works in our WAN.
Is it possible to add this into our system-filter ?

A reject of mails >10000k is also in our system_filter:

if $message_size above 10240K
then
fail text "tooooooooo big!"
endif

But which text than fail text is needed to notify the user
of frozen messages:

if $message_size above 500K
then
freeze "A little bit to big"
... ### and now to message to the sender ### ...
endif

--
Regards,

     Jens Strohschnitter