[Exim] how do i stop exim from using email-addresses file in…

Author: deshmukh
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] how do i stop exim from using email-addresses file in case of loc al users?
hello group

at home i have a set-up exim as my mta. i am not an expert, but i use
'smarthost' option. in /etc/email-addresses, i have an entry like this:

sandip : myusername@???

without this, my isp wont send the mails out.

my other family members have accounts on the same pc.

when i send the mail to any of these, it appears to be coming from
myusername@??? instead of sandip@localhost or sandip@home.

when they reply, it goes to myusername@???.

how do i stop it from happening?

i want exim to make the mail appear to be coming from myusername@???
when i am sending mail to an 'outside' address. To local users, it should
appear to be coming from sandip@loocalhost.

any suggestions on how it can be done?

and yes, i am not subscribed to the list. so could you mark a copy of
replies to this address also?

--
regards,
sandip p deshmukh

Please note change in the sender's e-mail address and update your address
book accordingly.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete this message. If you are not the addressee or
authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message (except to notify the
sender) or any information herein. Thank you for your cooperation.