Re: [Exim] Need help with exim 4.2 upgrade

Author: Dan Egli
To: Michael Roterman
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Need help with exim 4.2 upgrade
Michael Roterman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have just upgraded to exim 4.2 from 3.36.
>When using 3.36 I had the following modifications to exim.conf:
>
># added two lines below to make sure exim checks if sender is a valid user!
>sender_verify_hosts_callback = *
>sender_verify_callback_domains = *
>
>Transport:
>
>phpmail:
>driver = pipe
>command = php -q process.php
>current_directory = /home/mail/
>home_directory = /home/mail/
>user = nobody
>group = nobody
>return_output = true
>
>Director:
>
>all:
>driver = smartuser
>condition =
>${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/home/mail/user_list.txt}{true}{false}}
>transport = zapmail
>

>My question is how can I implement these modifications into exim 4.2?
>
>Thanks
>
>Michael

If you run the convert4r4 script it should do 99% of the config file
transformations for you. It's really good. I used it till I was more
familiar with exim.conf for the 4.x series, and then I rewrote it from
scratch :> But your config is not going to be that difficult for
convert4r4 I think. convert4r4 comes in the exim4 archive. It gets built
with the binaries during the Make stage.

--- Dan