Re: [Exim] large number of command timeouts using Exim-4.20

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Benjamin Ash
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] large number of command timeouts using Exim-4.20
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:01:27AM -0600,
Benjamin Ash <bash@???> is thought to have said:

> We are experiencing a large number of "command timeouts" from a few
> hosts. Can anyone think of the reasons for this happening might be. We
> are receiving mail from other hosts without problem.

Routing issues or packet loss between your network and theirs? Perhaps one
of the upstream providers for you is having problems on one of their
circuit. You can use tools like traceroute and ping to try and determine
where the problem lies.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality