Re: [Exim] Delete failed bounce notifications...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Chris Dollmont, Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Delete failed bounce notifications...
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Chris Dollmont wrote:

> auto_thaw = 24h
> ignore_bounce_errors_after = 12h
>
> on exim 4.2. I also have many of these messages in my queue for more
> than 12h--some are as old as 29h:
>
> 29h  3.4K 19jgDP-000362-Vh <>
>            edith@???

I presume (you can check from your logs) that, because these are not
frozen, they are getting temporary errors. So ignore_bounce_errors_after
won't affect them.

> etc. If I force a run of one of these messages, I get a "connection
> refused", which is expected. How can I automatically remove these from
> the queue?

At present, you'll have to write a script that selects them some how and
then uses -Mrm to remove them.

This has suggested to me that a way of detecting bounce messages in
retry rules might be useful. I have put it on the Wish List.

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> ignore_errmsg_errors{,_after}

It's ignore_bounce_errors_after in Exim 4, and he already had that set.