[Exim] Large Files block + MS Outbreak 2000

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dougal McWhinney
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: [Exim] Large Files block + MS Outbreak 2000
Hi All,

We are currently restricting all inbound and outbound mail to 15MB in size
(message_size_limit = 15M).
External users sending mail >15MB into the server receive a message stating
the message was too big (as shown below).

  dmcwhinney@???
    SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<dougal@???>
SIZE=4602505:
    host mail.qmag.com.au [203.46.72.6]: 552 Message size exceeds maximum
permitted

Internal users sending mail >15MB into the server (via SMTP) receive the
error "No Transport Provider was available."
The e-mail will then remain in the "Outbox" folder for ever and stops all
other mail being sent.

Is there a way I can inform MS Outlook of the error and get it to stop
attempting to send the message.

I am running Exim 4.20, Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002.
Regards,
Dougal McWhinney
IT/Control Systems Supervisor.
Queensland Magnesia Pty Ltd
246 Boundary Rd, Parkhurst Qld
Mail: PO Box 5798, Central Queensland Mail Centre. QLD 4702
e-mail: dmcwhinney@???
Phone: +61 7 4920 0236
Mobile: 0438 200 526
Fax: +61 7 4936 1380
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you
with experience."

--
[ winmail.dat of type application/ms-tnef deleted ]