Re: [Exim] ALRM

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: gARetH baBB
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ALRM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> This is the first report of such a problem that I can recall, so I
> suggest you do the overhaul first, and then see if the problem recurs.

I haven't done the overhaul yet, it's still planned, but I have had this
happen on a different box now - a much more recent box based on Slackware
8.0 with libc-2.2.3 (the other was based on Slackware 7.0 with
libc-2.1.2).

2003-08-02 11:10:12 19iUDJ-0000ur-9r == x@??? R=dnslookup
T=remote_smtp defer (-1): smtp transport process returned non-zero status
0x000e: terminated by signal 14
2003-08-02 11:10:12 19iUDJ-0000ur-9r Frozen

Like previously it's occured during the long-term (relatively) deferment
of an email and has chucked this up during a queue run.

This is just for information, I'm heading towards a proper up-to-date
Slackware 9.0 installtion on all these machines and then see if the
problem really does go away for good ...

Has nobody really seen anything like this before ?

[BTW these very same boxes were running Exim 3, definately back to 3.34
and probably even back to 3.32 and more recently 3.36, until I switched
them over to 4.20 without any problem like this.]