Re: [Exim] blocking addresses for smtpauth via acls

Author: Wakko Warner
To: jvanasco
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] blocking addresses for smtpauth via acls
> LDAP
>
> and i could have an smtp pass / imap pass, have some bit set for
> sending privs, look for certain trees
>
> but there are 10people here. actually, 5 now.
>
> i have better use for my time.

I see. You could do something like this in the server_condition:
${lookup{$1}lsearch{/some/file}{no}{${if eq{<ldap lookup>}{$2} {yes}{no}}}}

Not tested, but maybe it'll give you an idea.
basically: if found in /some/file, return no.
if not found, do an ldap lookup and compare passwords.
NOTE: the above has a hole in it. bad user/no pass will authenticate.
modify to your liking.

Where I work, I maintain about 200 email address in a mysql db. I tweek as
needed (not often though)