Re: [Exim] TLS and Auth

Página Inicial
Autor: James P. Roberts
Para: Nicolas Doye
CC: Scott Dexter, Hr. Daniel Mikkelsen, Exim-Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] TLS and Auth
> Another option for running exim on two ports is to configure iptables
> (or equivalent, if available on your platform) to port forward.
>
> The attached /etc/sysconfig/iptables worked on Red Hat Linux 7.1 at a
> previous employer where I used Evolution 1.0 and everyone else used
> Outlook.
>
> nic

That works if you want to use the same protocol on both ports. I confess some
confusion as to why you needed to do it that way?

In my case, and perhaps others, we use TLS on ports 25 and 587, and smtps on
port 465. We then have clients connect to whichever port supports their MUA
best. Port 25 works for most clients, except those whose ISP redirects
(hijacks) port 25 packets. In which case, depending on which MUA they have,
they connect to either 465 with smtps (typically Outlook/OE), or port 587 with
STARTTLS.

This way, we can support anybody, except those incapable of using SSL at all
(pretty rare these days, I should hope).

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.