Re: [Exim] TLS and Auth

Author: James P. Roberts
To: Scott Dexter, Hr. Daniel Mikkelsen
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TLS and Auth

> > > Do you run these in a specific order and is the 465 port references in
> > > your /etc/exim/configure file? If I am already running exim, it tries
> > > to grab port 25 and complains (and doesn't answer on 465) and if it
> > > isn't running already, it grabs 25 anyway. Very odd
> >
> > I first do:
> >
> > exim -bd -q30m
> >

> That goes without a hitch
>
> > And then:
> >
> > exim -bd -oX 465 -tls-on-connect
> >

> After this is when I start seeing errors in the message log.

My guess would be a specific (and/or implicit) reference to port 25 in your
exim.conf. You might need to either modify your exim.conf for dual use, or
create a separate one for use on port 465, and specify that alternate config
file on the command line as well.

Regards,

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.