Re: [Exim] exim -bd crashes (Version 4.20, with openldap2 an…

Autor: Schramm, Dominik
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim -bd crashes (Version 4.20, with openldap2 and native bdb)
hi,

Tony Finch wrote:
> Debian uses the name service switch, doesn't it? In which case you may
> be able to turn on some debugging stuff in somewhere like /etc/nss.conf.

yes, it does. and that was exaclty the problem.
the setting that made exim crash was the line
   services:       db files
in /etc/nsswitch.conf

When I change it to
   services:       files db
exim does not crash.
When I change it back to "check db first", it crashes again. qed,
that's the problem. No strace necessary, I'm a lucky guy.

That means that exim is not the root of this evil problem,
so I have to figure out what else exactly is causing this
(the nsswitch.conf with the problematic line mentioned above
must be debian standard; at least I don't remember ever having touched it)

thanks a lot for your hints
regards
dominik