Re: [Exim] inconsistent defer message

Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] inconsistent defer message
Hi

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 02:03:09PM +0200, Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:34:15PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:
> >
> > > I've read that part, but the message that I get as part of the SMTP
> > > response ('Temporary local problem - please try later') is not
> > > specified as message in any ACL I use. Where does this message come
> > > from? So I don't see any way to change the SMTP response.
> >
> > Ah, this is another "feature". That message is the default for a
> > temporary error, because some sysadmins do not want to give out specific
> > data about their systems to other hosts.
> >
> > Sorry, I'd forgotten about this additional feature. You should be able
> > to override this by setting
> >
> > smtp_return_error_details = true
>
> Thank you very much. This is exactly what is was looking for.

If it was working...

Despite setting smtp_return_error_details (I really use the correct
conf...) to true, the SMTP response is still the same ('Temporary
local problem - please try later').

BTW: the behaviour is the same under 4.20

Has anybody else seen these problem with smtp_return_error_details? Is
this a bug in exim?

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33