Re: [Exim] Suggestions on Anti-Virus for Solaris Sparc

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dennis Davis
A: Kevin Reed
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Suggestions on Anti-Virus for Solaris Sparc
>From: Dr Andrew C Aitchison <A.C.Aitchison@???>
>To: Kevin Reed <krelvinaz@???>
>cc: exim-users@???
>Subject: Re: [Exim] Suggestions on Anti-Virus for Solaris Sparc
>Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:04:35 +0100 (BST)
>
>On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Kevin Reed wrote:

>> Any suggestions on what packages are available that can be
>> interfaced with Exim with out a lot of fuss. Cost is somewhat of
>> an issue but I told them it might be $$$ and they said okay...
>
>I haven't a clue what it costs, as it comes as part of the
>uiversity's site licence, but I'm happy with exim+exiscan+
>VirusScan from McCaffe/Network Associates. (VirusScan is a command
>line scanner for more than a handful of unix platforms and uses
>the same engine and data files as their Windows product. I haven't
>tried their mail-scanning product).

We're happy with a similar setup. It's exim4 + exiscan + Sophos
virus detection. I don't know how much Sophos costs, we have a site
licence for their products.

If you go for Sophos, have a look at the sophie daemon:

http://www.vanja.com/tools/sophie/

exiscan knows about the sophie daemon and it runs *much* faster than
sweep, the Sophos command line scanner.

You might also want to look at mailscanner:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/

and amavis:

http://www.amavis.org/

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

The above are general purpose packages for scanning email and will
interface to a variety of mail servers. You'll still need to
purchase a commercial virus detection engine. There are opensource
anti-virus projects. However I believe they aren't as bullet-proof
as the commercial versions.

Note that none of the above general purpose packages can refuse
viruses & spam at SMTP connect time. You'll need to use exiscan for
that. I find this facility *very* useful.