Re: [Exim] inconsistent defer message

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: exim-users
CC: Matthias Waffenschmidt
Betreff: Re: [Exim] inconsistent defer message
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:03:31AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:
>
> > Can anyone point out, why exim is not using the same customized error
> > message during SMTP? I've read the manual and the FAQ, but could not
> > find a solution to this problem.
>
> 4.20 manual, section 37.11, the bit about "message":
>
>    If "message" is used on a statement that verifies an address, the message
>    specified overrides any message that is generated by the verification
>    process. However, the original message is available in the variable
>    $acl_verify_message, so you can incorporate it into your message if you
>    wish. In particular, if you want the text from ":fail:" items in redirect
>    routers to be passed back as part of the SMTP response, you should either
>    not use a "message" modifier, or make use of $acl_verify_message.

> The same applies to :defer: - at least, I hope it does!

Thanx for your reply.

I've read that part, but the message that I get as part of the SMTP
response ('Temporary local problem - please try later') is not
specified as message in any ACL I use. Where does this message come
from? So I don't see any way to change the SMTP response.

> For the next release of Exim, I have changed the default configuration
> file so that there are no "message" modifiers on ACL statements that run
> verifications. The cannot_route_message option on the routers is used to
> provide the text formerly specified by "message" in these cases.

Apart from my problem I think that the default behaviour should be
changed and the message defined in an ACL should be default message
that can be overriden by custom messages generated in a redirect
router. Or am I wrong that a :fail: or :defer: message given in a
redirect router is primarily intended as an information for the sender
not for the logs?

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33