[Exim] Download complete mailing list archive

Author: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: exim-users
Hello,

since I was not a user of this list from the right beginning, I would
like to get all postings from the list preferably in mbox format, but
any other format would be OK as well.

The advantage of having the complete archive is the fact that
searching capabilities (e.g. using RE) would be much more powerful
than using the web front.

I have also read Nigel's mail (from Dec. 16), that he blocks access to
the archives, because 'its too easy to strip email addresses from them
for spamming'.

A complete ACK to this.

Since for most uses of the archives, e-mail addresses are of no
importance, a possible solution would be to remove all kind of e-mail
addresses (or replacing them by a dummy address) before making it
public.

This may be a little bit tricky, but I think it's worth the effort.

BTW: I certainly would like to help, if Nigel thinks that such a
feature for www.exim.org makes sense...

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33