[Exim] inconsistent defer message

Author: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] inconsistent defer message
Hi,

I'm trying to defer a message in a redirect router by redirecting to
':defer: <custom message>'.

If the according condition is met and the defer is thrown, the main
log says as expected:

temporarily rejected RCPT <user>: <custom message>

But on the other hand, the error message the remote mailer gets during
SMTP session is:

rcpt to: <user>
451 Temporary local problem - please try later

Leaving the sender of the message clueless, what went wrong.

Can anyone point out, why exim is not using the same customized error
message during SMTP? I've read the manual and the FAQ, but could not
find a solution to this problem.

BTW: I'm using exim-4.14 on FreeBSD (no ports)

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33