Re: [Exim] DB connection question(s)

Author: Joachim Wieland
To: Konrad Michels
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] DB connection question(s)
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 04:30:53PM +0100, Konrad Michels wrote:
> Why this should suddenly be so today and not yesterday has got me more
> than a little baffled, but ignoring that bit for now, am I correct then
> in assuming that for every new SMTP session that requires a lookup from
> a database for, for example, aliasing information, creates a new
> connection to the database? Or does exim open a connection(s) to the
> database on startup and simply re-use connections?

I'm referring to the postgresql lookup module but I think it's the same
with mysql:

exim uses a new connection for each "instance" of it. i.e. if you do an
address test, exim connects once and reuses this connection. However it
has to open a new one after having re-executed itself.

You can see this by enabling the debug mode quite easily. exim tells you
when it opens a new connection and when it reuses one.

Try the debug output to find the reason for your problems.

Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine.