Re: [Exim] Testing messages released with -Mt command

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Keith Goettert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Testing messages released with -Mt command
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Keith Goettert wrote:

> I have some messages on the queue that I have manually froze with the
> System Filter freeze command. When I release them, I never see them get
> processed in my debug window (exim -d-all+acl+route+filter -bd -q5m). I
> figure this is something simple (it always is), but ... Donno...

You won't see message deliveries from messages that are already on the
queue in the debugging output from an Exim daemon.

Exim is not a centrally managed process. It consists of lots of separate
processes. Debugging a daemon will show you incoming messages *to the
daemon* (i.e. over TCP/IP), and immediate deliveries of those messages.
That's all.

The only place where everything comes together is the main log, which
you can tail or view in an eximon window.

If you want to see debugging output for messages that are already on the
queue, you need to start a debugging delivery process for them, e.g.

exim -d -M <message id>

or do a queue run with -d (lots of output).