Re: [Exim] dnscache and relay_domains_include_local_mx error…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Peter Lemke
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] dnscache and relay_domains_include_local_mx errors
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Peter Lemke wrote:

> we use relay_domains_include_local_mx setting in 3.35 exim

<snip>
> After some investigation, I found that exim handles DNS round robins not
> properly, when A records for mx hosts have to be expanded seperatly.

<snip>
> Possibly this bug is already fixed in V4.

The way this facility (allowing relaying to domains for which you are an
MX) works in Exim 4 is completely different. However, I will do a check
to make sure that it does the right thing in these circumstances, and
fix it if it does not.

> As workaround for us
>
> hosts_treat_as_local = "mx1:mx2"
>
> works fine.

I'm glad you have found a workaround, because (as I'm sure you know)
Exim 3 is obsolete and is not being developed further.

Philip