Re: [Exim] Date/time setting/config option?

Author: Tony Finch
To: lists
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date/time setting/config option?
"Todd Mitchell - lists" <lists@???> wrote:

>Both my system & the server are set to GMT/UTC +4; however mail always
>arrives GMT/UTC -4. Is there a config that I haven't found in reading
>the docs or mailing list archives that would allow Exim to use the
>date/time of the sending machine rather than for some reason reverting
>to EDT?

Looks to me like the sending machine and receiving machine disagree
on the sign of their timezone, because the Date: (generated by the
sender) and Delivery-Date: (generated by the receiver) disagree.
I expect a misconfiguration; note that because of a historical mistake
POSIX timezone offsets have an inverted sign, which might be the
cause of confusion and misconfiguration.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
WHITBY TO THE WASH: SOUTH 4 OR 5, LOCALLY 6 AT FIRST, EASING 3 FOR A TIME,