Re: [Exim] Re: Very slow mailq with dial-up settings

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Matej Cepl
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Re: Very slow mailq with dial-up settings
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Matej Cepl wrote:

> The delay is always just immediately after printing the version banner
> (indicated by the line):
>
>    ~$ exim -d9 -bV
>    Exim version 3.35 debug level 9 uid=1000 gid=1000
>    Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (March 19, 2002)
>    Exim version 3.35 #1 built 15-Apr-2002 20:48:24
>    Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2001
>    komensky.volny.cz in local_domains? yes (matched @)

That suggests that the delay is in checking whether komensky.volny.cz is
in local_domains.

However, it is now over 2 years since I last worked on Exim 3. I do not
normally answer detailed questions on it any more. However, I will take
a very brief look at the code ...

Is "komensky.volny.cz" the name of your host? Have you set
primary_hostname in your configuration? If not, Exim will be trying to
find it by calling uname(). What is the output from the command

uname -a

? Does it give your host name as a single component? If so, Exim will be
doing a DNS lookup to find the full name. Maybe that's where the delay
is. Try again with -d11; if I recall correctly, that should also show
you the DNS resolver debugging output.