Re: [Exim] Authenticated sender

Author: David Saez
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Authenticated sender
Hi !!

> > As for Section 32.4 from online docs it seems that Exim only puts the value
> > from the AUTH parameter on incoming SMTP MAIL command to $authenticated_sender
> > if both the client host has authenticated itself and expansion of the
> > server_mail_auth_condition on the authenticator expands to true,
>
> Yes, the client must successfully authenticate before Exim will trust
> the value of AUTH on an SMTP MAIL command.

Why not let some acl decide if it could be trusted or not ?

> > Is possible to set the AUTH value for Exim to use when delivering email (on
> > a email by email basis) ?
>
> Only for non-SMTP mail (see the -oMaa option).

A way to set it from within a transport could be useful, at least if
your proposal to Meng Weng Wong about using MAIL AUTH in SPF is
accepted (at least it looks great to me).

--
Best regards ...

Useless Invention: Money with negative face value.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53