Re: [Exim] Very slow mailq with dial-up settings

Author: Matej Cepl
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Very slow mailq with dial-up settings
--
On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 09:42:02PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>try "byname" - and put that _above_ the lookuphost.

It is really strange -- when I have set byname, everything seemed
to be right. However, now I am back at square one (time mailq
gives 10s):

a) The change was apparent some time, which included couple of
suspensions and resumes (the computer is notebook). It seems
me, that there should be no dependence on any running program
(exim is run from inetd, bind9 is restart after every resume).
When I have investigated what's going on, strace (output is
attached) shows that delay is caused by calling poll function
(lines 265 and 268).
b) Moreover, even though I have 'auto_thaw = 30s', I suddenly get
messages, that messages which are waiting in queue are frozen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help anyway,

      Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

Less is more or less more.
   -- Y_Plentyn on #LinuxGER
      (from fortunes -- I cannot resist :-)

--
[ Content of type application/octet-stream deleted ]