Re: [Exim] Installing on RH9

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Jackson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Chris Barnes
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Installing on RH9
Hi Nigel, on 27 Jul 2003 21:15:28 +0100 you wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 16:11, Chris Barnes wrote:
> > There is an RPM, but the discussions indicate that isn't doing things
> > in a way that it really should. How hard is it to install from
> > source?
> RPM works fine for me.

If you don't trust pre-packaged RPMs and/or want to use your own options,
you can achieve the best of both worlds by compiling/installing "from
source" using an RPM spec file to build the resulting files into your very
own custom RPM, adjusting to suit your exact preferences/needs.

You can obtain one from Nigel's SRPMs or there are other variants around
including Karl Schmidt's one at http://xtronics.com/exim/ and mine at
http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php , the latter of which I will be more
than happy to help you use if you run into any difficulties. (I built mine
originally because I wanted the flexibility of building from source, but
the ease-of-management of RPMs...not sure how much different it is from
Nigel's these days - I must check it out in detail sometime.)

Tim