[Exim] Intermittently connected host is a Windows 2000 serve…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Intermittently connected host is a Windows 2000 server with dynamic IP
Any suggestions on how to do a setup where the intermittently connected
host is a Windows 2000 server (running Exchange) with dynamic IP?

I have setup Exim (and sendmail and postfix) many times to be backups
where the final destination system (maybe Windows) does an ETRN by simply
ordering the MX priorities.

Any ideas on how to do it when the final destination has a dynamic
IP? (I'd prefer to not have some dynamic DNS update the MX each time.)

I am researching ODMR and ATRN and http://www.plonk.de/sw/odmr/ now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. The FAQ answer A1403 says "The lowest-numbered MX record for the
domain should be pointing to your host." This is unclear to the newbie.
Consider rewriting it so it says "... pointing to the dial-up host. And a
higher-numbered MX record (lower priority) for the domain should point to
the Exim server (acting as the temporary storage system)."