Re: FYI: warn message and testing in acls -was:[Exim] Is acl…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Keith Goettert
CC: 'Dennis Davis', exim-users
Subject: Re: FYI: warn message and testing in acls -was:[Exim] Is acl_c9 available in a system filter?
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Keith Goettert wrote:

> After "rewiring" my acl to allow me to send data to downstream filters,
> I found an interesting complication with ACL's. If you choose to add a
> header to the message, you cannot test for it in a subsequent step.

You can test header lines added at MAIL or RCPT time in the DATA ACL.
The reason for not seeing them earlier is that the header data structure
does not yet exist because the message has not yet been received.

This is documented.

There is a Wish List item to change this, but I don't know if/when it
will be done.

As you have found, you can make use of the $acl_ variables to do some of
what you want.