Re: [Exim] local_interfaces ques . . .

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] local_interfaces ques . . .
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:19:05AM +0100, Konrad Michels wrote:
> Got a machine which has two IP addresses, one bound as eth0, and the
> other as eth0:0.

> I've used the local_interfaces option to set exim to listen to eth0:0 as
> follows:

> local_interfaces = <; 127.0.0.1 ; xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

> This seems to force Exim to listen only on eth0:0 (the x's being eth0's
> IP address).

Yes, see the description of local_interfaces in the documentation.

> However, outgoing mail is still emanating only from eth0,
> which is exactly the thing I want to change. I need to get mail to go
> out via eth0:0 and not eth0. Is local_interfaces the way to make this
> happen?

No. You need to set the "interface" option on the respective transport
instead.

<rant>I was able to answer your question just by opening spec.txt in
my pager and searching for the string "interface". After less than
three minutes I had found the answer.

What is the point in Phil writing excellent documentation if ppl
aren't reading it?</rant>
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"