Re: [Exim] Yahoo! Groups?!?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christopher Allen [BigFatPipe.Net]
Para: Troy Settle
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Yahoo! Groups?!?
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Troy Settle wrote:
> Where this is a problem, is that apparently, Yahoo! Doesn't do any sort
> of sender verification. So, someone spams the group with an unrouteable
> address, my Exim server rejects it, then Yahoo! Suspends the user's
> activities because it's bouncing mail.
>
> Now my customer thinks I'm on crack because I can't find any reason for
> bounces (customer receives 80-110 messages per day on a very regular
> basis).

If you're doing sender verification, the MX for the
returns.groups.yahoo.com. subdomain is pathetically slow, and may be
timing out. We had issues with our users' mail from YahooGroups! lists
bouncing, because we could not verify the senders. In every case we
researched, sender verification was causing the message to be bounced back
to Yahoo, which resulted in the user being set to a no-mail subscription
status.

A modification to your ACL should do the trick, if this is indeed the
problem.

-CA