Re: [Exim] Is acl_c9 available in a system filter?

Author: Thomas Tonino
To: Keith Goettert
CC: 'Exim-users'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Is acl_c9 available in a system filter?
Keith Goettert wrote:
> In exim 4.20 there are nine variables that can be set acl_c0 through c9.
> My reading lead me to believe that they were available all the way
> through routing.
>
> Am I wrong?

From chapter 11.8 in the manual:

$acl_c0 - $acl_c9: Values can be placed in these variables by the set
modifier in an ACL. The values persist throughout the lifetime of an
SMTP connection. They can be used to pass information between ACLs and
different invocations of the same ACL.

And NOTE:

As their name suggests, these variables are set only during ACL
processing. At all other times (in particular, during message delivery)
they are empty.

So - only set duning ACL processing. You can use them to add headers in
a warn acl through.

Thomas