Re: [Exim] quotas on non-appendfile transports

Autor: Christian G. Warden
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] quotas on non-appendfile transports
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:51:01PM -0500, Jesus Gutierrez Ramirez wrote:
> use quota and quota_warn_threshold, check the documentation
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec.html.

These are only supported for appendfile transports as they check the
actual disk usage of the file (or directory) being delivered to.  I'm
delivering to a pipe (and ultimately to a database).
As I mentioned, I'm using message_size_limit to defer delivery to a full
mailbox, but that causes the not so intuitive log message:
    defer (-1): failed to expand message_size_limit in dbmail_user transport: "lookup" failed and "fail" requested

The eventual bounce message will also not indicate a quota problem. Is
there a way to either modify the retry hints of a message in the queue
or give up trying to deliver similar to -Mg that acts as though the
message has reached the end of it's retry limits, rather than bouncing
with the message 'cancelled by administrator'?

xn