Re: [Exim] Is acl_c9 available in a system filter?

Autor: Dennis Davis
A: Keith Goettert
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: FYI: warn message and testing in acls -was:[Exim] Is acl_c9 available in a system filter?
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Is acl_c9 available in a system filter?
>From: Keith Goettert <Keith@???>
>To: 'Exim-users' <Exim-users@???>
>Subject: [Exim] Is acl_c9 available in a system filter?
>Sender: exim-users-admin@???
>
>In exim 4.20 there are nine variables that can be set acl_c0
>through c9. My reading lead me to believe that they were available
>all the way through routing.
>
>Am I wrong?

I believe so...

>If not, why don't I see them in my system filter?

...and this is covered by the last sentence of Section 37.9 of the
reference manual:

As their name suggests, these variables are set only during ACL
processing. At all other times they are empty.

The system filter is run after messages have been received but
before they are delivered. So you are out of the ACL processing
mode at this stage.

If you want to pass information from ACL processing to the system
filter, you can do something like adding in extra headers during the
ACL processing. In the system filter you can pick up the values in
these headers, *remembering* to delete these extra headers. This
may seem clumsy, but it works.