[Exim] Quota question

Author: Konrad Michels
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Quota question
Good afternoon folks
Got a question here about quota warning messages:
I've got exim currently doing quota control and it all seems to work
quite well (had a 5M mail come in for a 2M mailbox and it was nicely
queued waiting until I increased the quota and exim -qf'd it!). I've
got it so send a warning message when the mailbox size crosses the
threshold, and that also works fine.

However, I've been asked whether it is possible to return an
informational message back to message senders once the quota has been
reached/exceeded to inform the sender that the message could not be
delivered because the destination mailbox was full yadayadayada . . .

Exim being Exim I'm pretty sure its possible and I'm certain that
there's more than one way to do it as well . . .

I've had a look at the current transport:

<snippet>
quota_warn_threshold = 75%
  quota_warn_message = \
        To: $local_part@$domain\n\
</snippet>

which is fairly obvious as to what it does.

How would I go about getting the same condition to trigger a
simultaneous (but obviously different) message to the message sender as
well? AS usual, its probably blindingly obvious, but I just can't see
it for thinking about it too much . . .

Later
Konrad

*