Re: [Exim] Installing on RH9

Autor: Simon Alman
A: Chris Barnes, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Installing on RH9
Chris Barnes wrote:

>I've read the previous discussions, but there doesn't seem to be a
>consensus - what is the easiest way to install Exim 4.x on a RH 9 box?
>
>There is an RPM, but the discussions indicate that isn't doing things in
>a way that it really should. How hard is it to install from source?
>
>Our eventual goals are to have a mailsystem running
> Exim
> Courier Imap
> Amavis AV
> Spamassassin
>
>--?

I've not tried the RPM but a default redhat installation from source is
little different from installation on any flavour of linux i.e;
edit Local/Makefile
make
make install
done ...

If you are installing with MySQL / OpenSSL compatibility you will need
to set the relevant includes and library locations (they vary depending
on how you install your apps).

Other than that, remember to remove sendmail which installs by default
on most redhat systems.
I currently run redhat 9 and exim 4.20 on several machines without
issues, I'd reccomend you install from source personally due to the
control it gives you over configuration.

Hopefully that helps

Regards

Simon