Re: [Exim] IPv6 addr building

Autor: ODHIAMBO G. Washington
A: Pascal
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] IPv6 addr building
* Pascal <evilynux@???> [20030723 16:53]: wrote:
> i'd like to understand how the IPv6 addresses queries are built...
> when looking at the queries, i see some odd concatenations.
>
> for instance, i've a test mail server which is running exim 4.20-2 reachable from the internet
> with the fqdn c-1302.ext.etsmtl.ca. A user sending a message (from inside) will firstly go thru a
> smtp gateway which tries to erradicate viruses.
>
> The smtp gateway is visible from the outside with the fqdn ordino65.info.etsmtl.ca.
>
> When I look at the IPv6 dns requests, i see that exim asks for
> ordino65.info.etsmtl.ca.ext.etsmtl.ca ... But why is it putting those two together ?!

Simple. Just ask the DNS admin for the namespace etsmtl.ca to fix this. S/he will
know better why that is happening.
The problem is in the zone files, and a trailing dot (.) is missing somewhere. Since
the names are too long, I am not able to tell you specifically where the dot is
missing.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Christ:
    A man who was born at least 5,000 years ahead of his time.