Re: [Exim] Yahoo! Groups?!?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Blaise de Cormeilles
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Yahoo! Groups?!?
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:24:17AM -0400, Troy Settle wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm in the process of troubleshooting a customer having a problem
> sending/receiving mail from some yahoo group thing. Apparently, these
> are mailing lists?
>
> If they are, is there a reason that Yahoo is sending the messages with
> an Envelope sender of the original poster and not something like
> 'owner-some-group@???' ?

The envelope sender should be set to something similar to
"sentto-10539362-5-1058554642-blaise=scadian.net@???".
(This is taken from a mail that I recently received from a Yahoo group; I
cut and pasted the Return-Path.)

The part before the @ will vary based on the email address the message
is being sent to and the specific message.

> Looking through my mail logs, I see owner-this, owner-that, and
> owner-something else. Dozens (hundreds?) of list servers. But I can't
> seem to find any envelope senders that are clearly from the Yahoo group
> thingies.
>
> Where this is a problem, is that apparently, Yahoo! Doesn't do any sort
> of sender verification. So, someone spams the group with an unrouteable
> address, my Exim server rejects it, then Yahoo! Suspends the user's
> activities because it's bouncing mail.

That is configurable on a list-by-list basis; most lists I'm on restrict
posting privileges to members only.

Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
                                                  \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN