Re: [Exim] User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the…

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Jesus Gutierrez Ramirez
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Jesus Gutierrez Ramirez wrote:

> Root really is in my never_users list, but I don't want root to receive
> messages. I don't know why root send messages to root.
> I think maybe the cron daemon creates these messages
> but I don't know how change the destination user.

It used to be the case that unix machines always aliases root to
a real email address. Lots of things in the system sent mail to
root when there was a problem, or just for information.
My take is that you must handle root mail.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna