Re: [Exim] Exim, can send mail but not receive

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
CC: gordonchapman
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim, can send mail but not receive
Hi Gordon, on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:15:25 +0100 you wrote:

> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Account: 'LANMAIL', Server: 'mailserver_name', Protocol:
> POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
> What do I need to do to allow mail to be collected

This not the right place to be asking. Exim is not a POP3 server. You need
to do the following:

a) understand the difference between a POP3 server and an MTA. This is
kind of fundamental.

b) if you haven't already got one, install a POP3 server and read the
manual. There's probably one supplied with your distro, or look at
something like qpopper.

c) configure your POP3 server, and debug as appropriate.

Hope that helps.

Tim