Re: [Exim] Select SMTP host based on local part only

Author: Arnar Birgisson
To: t.luettgert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Select SMTP host based on local part only
Dear thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Arnar

--
On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 12:36, Arnar Birgisson via COM.BOX TEMA wrote:
> This is the thing: I want to make Exim act as a mail hub for an
> internal network. This network has only one domain address, say
> mydomain.com. Now, some of the users are running groupware clients

and
> their mail should be redirected to the grouware server for storage.
> Other users are using POP-only clients or unix mailboxes and their
> message should either be forwarded to a different smtp host, or

stored
> locally (depending if the mail hub will be the same box as the

internal
> mail server).
>
> However, the address domain should be the same both for the

groupware
> users and others. What ways do I have of looking up the local part,
> possibly in a SQL database, and deciding which transport to use?

If you don't want to use alias databases, you can do it in exim.conf.
This here should be close to a working setup:

# Router 1 looks up the local part in mysql and, if found,
# calls the transport "exchange_weenies" (which is just SMTP delivery)
sort_users_out:
    driver = manualroute
    domains = mydomain.com
    local_parts = mysql;SELECT * FROM gw_users WHERE
username='$key'
    transport = exchange_weenies
    host_find_failed = defer
    route_list = * 1.2.3.4       [1.2.3.4 = your groupware server]
    no_more

# Router 2 catches the local users on this machine. If you want to
# send them somewhere else, use another manualroute router with a
# different IP address.
localuser:
    driver = accept
    domains = mydomain.com
    check_local_user
    transport = local_delivery

#
# and these would be the mentioned transports
#

exchange_weenies:
    driver = smtp

local_delivery: