[Exim] BSD and MBX delivery with Exim 3.35

Author: Clive McDowell
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] BSD and MBX delivery with Exim 3.35
Folks,

we currently have a mailhost running Solaris 8 and exim 3.35 where local delivery is to standard BSD unix mailbox files in /var/mail. Some mailboxes require multiple access and we have provided this by adding mbx format INBOX files to the home directory and relying on the UW IMAP software to pull in the messages from the file in /var/mail. What I would like to do is use exim to deliver to the mbx format mailboxes if they exist and remove the relience on UW IMAP. I have seen a good example of how to do this in the version 4 book but is it possible with version 3.3x? If it cannot be done by detecting the presence of the mbx box could it be done using a file of known mbx boxes (numbers are quite small)?

Regards,

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast