RE: [Exim] Exim and Sendmail

Author: Ariel Sandberg
To: 'Jacques'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim and Sendmail
I dont know what os you run, but if you had the possibility of a virtual IP
address(and an IP address to spare) this might work nicely.

As for mailbox files and other stuff. I think when you compile exim, to
make nessacary changes in the ./Local/Makefile, make sure exim use the same
spool directory. I dont think it'd be a problem but it might be neater to
keep them seperate. As for the Mailbox file I dont think sendmail would
lock it unless it had something to deliver. If everything is being
delivered properly to their respective MTA's then I think it be safe...
ownership may be an issue have exim use the same user/group that sendmail
does (mail/mail)

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure others may have more ideas.

Cheers,
Ariel