Re: [Exim] non-mail commands

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: tlabs
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] non-mail commands
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, tlabs wrote:

> >     $ exim -d -bdf

> ok, here's what output that gives me.

Well, the client seems to be looping, sending EHLO commands. That is
precisely the kind of broken client that this feature of Exim is
intended to catch. Otherwise it could go on doing this for ever, tying
up your resources.

> It seems to accept several mails before rejecting

No, it accepts NO mails. All it accepts are EHLO commands. There are no
MAIL or RCPT commands.

> I also have the setting for nonmails turned on.
>
> host in smtp_accept_max_nonmail_hosts? yes (matched "193.195.142.43")

Actually, I think that the suggested setting should have been

  smtp_accept_max_nonmail_hosts = ! 193.195.142.43
                                  ^
                                  ^
                                  ^
Note the ! to mean "not". But, given your debug evidence, I would
strongly advise you NOT to set this. In fact, you should take the
current setting out, because you are no longer checking other hosts.

> Any Ideas?

The client is broken. Or malicious. Forget it.