[Exim] A bit OT - apologies in advance!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Konrad Michels
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] A bit OT - apologies in advance!
Hi Folks
Sorry to waste more of your precious time on a day when the list is
already frantically busy, and with a somewhat off-topic post . . . but
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction . . .

Busy setting up a mail server, preditably with exim as the MTA, and that
side of things is working just jim-dandy fine, right down to the mysql
lookups, which I'm delighted about getting working (thanks to the fine
print manual which arrived a couple of weeks ago!).

However, my client has a requirement for pop3 access for lusers to get
their mail, and worse still he wants people to be able to share a
mailbox, similar to the way BT and Demon do mailbox sharing: ie you
login with you entire e-mail address as the user name, using a common
password. The user then sees only the mail addressed to them, despite
the fact that in reality those mails are mixed in amongst dozens of
other people's mails. There is one admin user per mailbox who can read
everyone's mail.

I've googled a bit this afternoon, but am drawing complete blanks.
Anyone done anything like this before? I suppose the exim related
question here is whether to use Maildir format delivery or mbox to make
something like this work, but that will I suspect be dependant on the
pop3 daemon . . .

Yours hopefully
Konrad

*