Re: [Exim] eximconfig gone

Author: Fernando Sanchez
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Alessandro Magni, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] eximconfig gone
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 09:50:47AM +0000, Alessandro Magni wrote:
>
>>I'm not completely dumb at system configuration, but really trying to work my
>>way down into /etc/exim.conf is too much. Is there some way to
>

> Because eximconfig (I think) splits its config into several files - which is not a really brilliant idea (nor is its "start exim using inetd" the mark of genius, but that is another rant altogether).

It isn't really bad to have them splited, in fact, I'm more used now to
write the config that way than one single file. It makes a lot easier to
find the part you want to modify, just got the the folder and find the
file with the name u looking for, like conf/acl/check_rcpt. You can
always look at a generated file with all the configuration (for exim4 on
debian is /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated)