Re: [Exim] Bug: Automatic re-routing of domains

Author: Oliver Eikemeier
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bug: Automatic re-routing of domains
Philip Hazel wrote:

> [...]
>
> That is true. The only reason Exim pays any attention to domain casing
> is that some people feel strongly about the casing of their domain
> names. Early Exims just lowercased everything, end of story, but people
> complained, so it now tries to retain the casing for use in SMTP
> commands and log lines (for example).
>
> The problem arises when multiple words can be misread if all in the same
> case. There was an example published recently: powergenitalia.something.
> It was an Italian electrical company, and looks somewhat more decent as
> PowergenItalia.something.

Its an urban legend:

---
Powergen denies ties with powergenitalia
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/31273.html>:

By Tim Richardson <tim.richardson@???>

There's been much hooting and sniggering in the last couple of days following
reports of the curiously-named "powergenitalia.com".

So has someone at the giant energy company's Italian division messed up by
registering this Web site? It seems not.

A spokesman for PowerGen told us: "This site has nothing to do with us at all.
We don't even have an Italian division."

Ah well, funny all the same.
---

But check out www.whorepresents.com and www.expertsexchange.com (seems offline).

Off topic, I know. I just couldn't resist.
    Oliver